Information to Help You Get Started
Whole food, plant-based nutrition is the first step to optimal health. These phytonutrients make you feel great, look fabulous, and have abounding energy… but why take my word for it? There is so much evidence and scientific data to support plant-based nutrition. I thank the many superheroes who have come before me and blazed the trail to optimal health.
Books to Get You Started:
- The Vegan Starter Kit: Everything You Need to Know About Plant-Based Eating by Neal Barnard, M.D.
- 21 Day Kickstart Diet by Neal Barnard, M.D.
- Eat for Life by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
Recipes & Menu Planning:
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: https://www.pcrm.org/
- Joel Fuhrman, MD: https://www.drfuhrman.com/
- Forks Over Knives: https://www.forksoverknives.com/meal-planner-2/#gs.7jib9d
- John McDougall, MD: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/free-mcdougall-program/
- Center for Nutrition Studies: https://nutritionstudies.org/
Plant-Based Web Sites:
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn’s Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Dr. John McDougall’s Health & Medical Center
- Dr. Michael Klaper Nutrition-Based Medicine
- Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP)
- Dr. Jami Dulaney, Cardiologist
- The Plantrician Project
- The China Study, T. Colin Campbell, PhD
- The Alzheimer’s Solution, Dean & Ayesha Sherzai, MD
- Breasts: The Owner’s Manual, Kristi Funk, M.D.
- Fiber Fueled, Will Bulsiewicz, M.D.
- How Not to Die, Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease, Michael Greger, M.D. with Gene Stone
- Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.